Graduate in Law from the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona and member of the Barcelona Bar.
Master in Industrial and Intellectual Property and the Information Society from Alicante University (Magister Lvcentinvs) in the year 2002-2003.
In 2001 she was awarded an Erasmus Grant at the University of Salerno in Italy.
Maite joined Grau & Angulo in 2003 and became a partner in January 2011.
Maite began her professional career in the Intellectual Property department of the Mullerat legal firm.
Areas of Activity
Litigation on trade marks, industrial designs, copyright, unfair competition and domain names.
Publications and Lectures
- Lawyer for the plaintiff in a mock trial on Community Designs, chaired by the President of Section 15 of the Barcelona Court of Appeal, in the AIPPI Spanish Group Conference, Barcelona, (7 February, 2019)
- MONSTER HIGH versus Monster Doll; International Law Office (February 2015)
- Supreme Court makes U-turn on enforcement against use of later marks; International Law Office (February 2015)
- Court focuses on photobook trademarks; International Law Office (October 2014)
- Supreme Court interprets concept of “Actual Knowledge”; International Law Office (July 2010)
- Barcelona Court of Appeal recognizes “Clipper” Lighter 3-Dimensional Trade mark; BNA International (July 2010)
- Appeal court recognizes CLIPPER three-dimensional trademark; International Law Office (June 2010)
- Capacity of Lego Toy Brick to be Three-Dimensional Trademarks; International Law Office (Feb 2009)
- Three-dimensional trademarks: Recent case-law from the Court of Justice and Court of First Instance of the European Communities; TOGAS, La Vanguardia (January 2008)
- ODA is confusingly similar to RODA says CFI; World Trademark Report (Dec. 2007)
- Co-author of Using Geographical Indications as a trademark. Is this fair use?; Trademark World (Feb 2007)
- Implementation of EU Enforcement of IP rights directive; International Law Office (Nov 2006)
- The Vulgarisation of the Trade mark; International Law Office (Oct 2005)
- Novelties in matters of trade mark protection; La Vanguardia, Togas, (Feb 2005)
- Directive on the Enforcement of IP rights – changes to Spanish Law; Global Intellectual Property Asset Management Report (June 2005)
- Rights Owners Empowered by IP Harmonization; World IP Contacts Handbook 2005, Managing Intellectual Property (May 2005)
- Research work on: The delimitation of the scope of protection of Industrial Design of the Act 20/2003 and Regulation 6/2002 against the utility model, trade mark and intellectual creation; Magister Lvcentinvus.
Spanish, English, Italian and Catalan.
Member of the Barcelona Bar Association, AIPPI and PTMG.
Member of the ECTA association.